USES FOR COCONUT OIL
1. Oil Pulling: I use this as an extra step for fresh breath. This is NOT a replacement for brushing and flossing. Right when I wake up, I mix virgin unrefined coconut oil with Healthy Gum Drops by Living Libations. After swishing it around for 20 minutes while I get ready in the morning, I spit out the coconut oil (where it won’t clog my drain) and use a homemade saltwater rinse. Check with your dentist before trying this method, especially if you have issues with your gums.
2. Coconut Oil + Sea Salt Scrub: I mix 1 part coconut oil with 2 parts sea salt and add a few drops of essential oil or whatever I have on hand to make it smell nice and add to the experience. In this video, I used Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever by Living Libations (this video is not sponsored, I just like their products). Use the concoction to thoroughly scrub your body then sit down in a nice warm bath and enjoy your soak!
3. Skin Soother: I like to use coconut oil as an aftershave to avoid razor bumps and inflammation, I also try to wear clothes that won’t rub up against the area and irritate it. I also use it on cuts and sunburns. We got video of Terry’s actual cut from the bed but decided against using it because it was gross :P.
4. Leave-In Conditioner: I mix a small amount of coconut oil with a bit of conditioner and use it as a leave-in conditioner on the tips of my hair. Don’t use too much because it can feel greasy. I try not to wash the end of my hair because they’re very prone to drying out, but when I have to, I mix my shampoo with a bit of coconut oil just for the ends.
5. Coconut Coffee: Terry likes his coffee bullet-proof style with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of grass-fed butter. I like mine with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of honey for sweetness. I like drinking my coffee black, but it’s too acidic and strong for me, especially when I’m on an empty stomach.
6. Boobie Oil: If your cotton bras are sucking all of the moisture out of your boobs, try throwing some coconut oil on there! Coconut oil is also a great massage oil.
7. Serum Sealer: I use coconut oil to seal all of my skincare after a good exfoliation, cleanse and serum application. It has a low SPF of about 4, so on days where I’m inside and don’t want to put a ton of stuff on my face, I can feel a little bit protected. If I’m going outside, I’ll use sunscreen or wear a hat instead :P. Make sure you do a patch test, because coconut oil agrees wholeheartedly with my skin, but it does not have that same impact on others. I feel like this method has also helped my eyelashes grow as long as they are right now!
8. Personal Lubricant: Incase you need some, coconut oil won’t harm your natural flora which can lead to all sorts of discomfort. Make sure the oil meshes well with anything else you may be using and doesn’t cause it to break down; latex, polyisoprene, and cheap rubber do not go well with coconut oil.
9. Cooking: I use coconut oil as a butter replacement, as a stir-fry oil with lemon and cilantro, to grease baking sheets, and even as a fat in salad dressing or smoothies.
10. Sticker Gunk Remover: I mix equal parts baking soda and coconut oil, throw it on the gunk and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then use it as a little scrub to get sticker residue off.
Coconut oil is becoming known for its health benefits as a super healthy food, and also as a nutrifying body lotion.
Japonesa Beauty Soap
Japonesa – a cream bar soap that is a SKIN FOOD with multiple benefits.