Coconut oil makes an excellent medium for mixing your all-natural hair coloring. Because coconut oil penetrates hair more deeply and faster than many other natural oils, it can help your color to be more vibrant and keep it from fading too quickly.
– Gather your materials: a shower cap or small towel, a comb or hair pick, coloring herbs, gloves, two bowls of different sizes (one should fit inside the other), a container for mixing color, and your jar of organic virgin coconut oil.
– Scoop a few spoonfuls of coconut oil (enough to liberally coat your hair) into the smaller of the two bowls and set it into the bottom of the larger bowl.
– Fill the larger bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged, but not floating or taking on water.
– Let your coconut oil come to temperature so it is completely melted.
– Mix coconut oil with your coloring herbs and apply as you normally would.
– Once color has set, shampoo hair with lukewarm water to remove excess oil and colorant.
– Wrap your hair with a shower cap or towel to let color continue to set overnight.
Coconut oil is becoming known for its health benefits as a super healthy food, and also as a nutrifying body lotion.
Japonesa Beauty Soap
Japonesa – a cream bar soap that is a SKIN FOOD with multiple benefits.