If you have long or curly hair, dealing with tangles may be a daily battle for you. Coconut oil can help here, too! Also, because it’s 100% natural, organic virgin coconut oil won’t leave any residue or long-term damage to your tresses! Before brushing or styling your hair, just follow these few steps to use coconut oil as a detangler:
– Gather your hair brush, a comb or hair pick, two small bowls of different sizes (one should fit inside the other), and your jar of organic virgin coconut oil.
– Scoop a small amount of coconut oil into the smaller of the two bowls and set the smaller bowl in the bottom of the larger one.
– Fill the larger bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged, but not floating or taking on water.
– Let your coconut oil come to temperature so it is completely melted.
– Use your fingers to gently massage the oil into the ends of your hair, then – starting from the ends and working your way toward the roots – gently work out tangles with a comb or hair pick.
– Let the oil soak in, then brush and style as usual. No need to rinse or shampoo. Coconut oil will continue to nourish your hair all day long!