Claudia P.Chica, P.T, A.P, D.O.M.
Doctor of Oriental Medicine and Diplomat in Acupuncture (NCCAOM)
Physical Therapist (PT008788-PA)
Acupuncture Physician with Certification in Chinese Herbal Medicine (NCCAOM & FL Board)
We are all exposed to thousands of toxins and chemicals on a daily basis at work, in the home, through the air we breathe, our food and water supply, and through the use of pharmaceutical drugs. In addition, we are eating more sugar and processed foods than ever before in human history and regularly abuse our bodies with various stimulants and sedatives.
If you never wondered or cared much about the pollution around us, it's time to change your views and start paying attention to this problem. For decades, scientists have been studying the pollutants in our air, water, food, and soil. U.S. industries manufacture over 6 trillion pounds of 9,000 different chemicals a year. They dump billions of pounds of industrial chemicals into our air and water year after year. So now scientists have started to examine pollution levels in humans and their findings are deeply disturbing.
"Death Begins In The Colon"
"Of all the polite topics of conversation, the state of one's intestines is probably at the bottom of most people's lists. Let's face it: Irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gas, diverticulitis and colon cancer are simply not things we like to discuss. And yet, as the old expression goes, death begins in the colon. Don't believe it? Ask any coroner. Autopsies often reveal colons that are plugged up to 80 percent with waste material." - Vegetarian Times, March, 1998.
Research clearly proves that our bodies are not capable of eliminating all the different toxins and chemicals we inhale and ingest every day. They simply accumulate in our cells (especially fat cells), tissues, blood, organs (such as the colon, liver and brain) and remain stored for an indefinite length of time causing all kinds of health problems. I can't show you a picture of what this pollution build-up looks like in the brain or the liver, but I can show you what it looks like in the colon.
All the toxins and 'dead' processed foods lead to poor digestion causing a toxic build-up in the body, including the colon. This toxic waste material in the colon then frequently turns into - in the words of National Geographic - "A sinister world of monstrous creatures that feed on living flesh: parasites".
You shower, brush your teeth and wash your hair on a regular basis, but do you clean yourself inside? In this modern, toxic world it's becoming a simple fact of life that our colon (the sewer system' of the body), liver and other organs also require regular cleaning. Just like a car requires an oil change periodically.
If you are OVERWEIGHT, TIRED, or feeling OLD and UNMOTIVATED, you may be TOXIC! These symptoms are often the result of accumulated toxins and metabolic waste products that cannot be flushed out of the body.
Health & Hope Institute offers several Cleansing, Detox and Weight Management programs including Blood tests (Blood Print) to determine which types of food cause Inflammation, Fat Accumulation, Fluid retention, and Toxic Allergies in your body ; Acupuncture to manage stress and the comfort found in overindulgence, as well, strengthening of the Digestive, Defensive, Elimination and Detoxifying Functions of the body; Nutritional Therapeutics and Dietary consultations and support throughout the entire process. Additional benefits of cleansing are individual, but can include: improved skin, flat stomach, mental clarity, improved mood, and reduced food cravings. Additionally some patients have reported relief from: sinus problems, cellulite, headaches, constipation, and pre-menstrual problems.
If you experience one or more of the following, then it is time to detoxify:
- Frequent fatigue and low energy
- Flatulence, gas & bloating
- Excess weight
- Food allergies
- Impaired digestion
- Irritability, mood swings
- Bad breath & foul-smelling stools
- Parasites in stool
- Frequent colds
- Recurring headaches
- Chronic constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Protruding belly ("pooch")
- Powerful food cravings
- Skin problems, rashes, etc.
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Candida infection
Quick fixes usually do not work, and if they do work, it will be at the bodys health expense, generating disease and distress. The best option is to be flexible with our lifestyle and make intelligent choices, eat a sensible diet and practice regular physical activity.
In order to succeed in your quest to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight and improve your self-esteem and well-being, consider the following personal advice:
- Take some time to be Grateful for the Food and Nutrition you receive.
- Make a conscious effort to Breathe deeply and slowly throughout the day.
- Drink plenty of purified water throughout the day in order to be hydrated, assist your body's detoxification and maintain certain level of satisfaction in your stomach.
- Make sure all your fundamental dietary needs (aminoacids, essential fatty acids, complex vitamins, trace minerals
) are met, to prevent unnecessary cravings.
- Learn to know your Hunger and Eat only If You are Hungry.
- Avoid Mindless Eating (like eating leftovers from your children's plates, tasting food while cooking it, watching TV or reading while eating, chewing and swallowing quickly...).
- If you really need a snack, carry healthy ones with you (veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds, protein bars...).
- Stop eating before you feel full or completely satisfied, even if you have not finished with the food in your plate (it takes some time for the brain to process and register the perception of having received enough food to fulfill our metabolic needs).
- Teach your body to be comfortable with smaller food portions and Chew your food many times very slowly to break down the nutrients, so your body has a better chance to assimilate them.
- Avoid high fructose-sugar/carbonated/caffeinated drinks. Pure Water is the best fluid and the only one our body needs.
- Avoid all types of quick food and junk food. Also avoid microwavable, canned and frozen foods that are devitalized and have almost lost all their nutrients.
- Find healthy ways to cope with the Stress in your Life. Practice Breathing, Relaxation and/or Praying/Meditation techniques.
- Love Yourself, Have the Courage to Embrace your Strengths, Be Excited about Life, and with Gratitude state your goals and positive affirmations daily.
At Health & Hope Institute, the Weight Management process is completely safe and the products recommended range between Detoxifying & Replenishing Nutrients, Organic Food Supplements concentrated at Clinical Potency, Herbal Medicine and Homeopathic- Homotoxicology Medications, which are Free of preservatives or any chemical substances that could cause adverse side effects.
We would love to discuss your individual situation, and give you a free Toxic Food Syndrome book. We will guide you in the selection of the best course of treatment for your personal situation and your Health Condition.
Your body needs a perfect balance of vitamins, minerals and nutrients to enable it to perform at its best.
Living in today's chemically cluttered world robs us of a lot of these vital ingredients and after years of our bodies trying to adapt to these deficiencies, as well as eating manufactured and processed foods, symptoms such as fatigue, skin complaints, digestive problems, allergies, aches and pains can become all too common.
By taking professional advice on the right things to eat you can take the first step to being in control of your health.
Conditions that would benefit from Nutritional Therapy:
Digestive disorders, such as candida and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Skin complaints such as eczema and acne
Stress, fatigue and depression
Hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
Autoimmune Diseases, Arthritis and Rheumatism
Endocrine disorders (such as Thyroid disease, Hypoadrenia, ...)
PMS and the menopause
Fertility and pregnancy
HIV/Aids and other Recurrent Viral Infections support
In fact, almost everyone can benefit from Nutritional Therapy. For example:
People receiving conventional medical treatment can enjoy the complementary benefits of an improved diet.
Anyone feeling a bit 'run down', 'below par' or 'not 100%'
Healthy people seeking improved or continued good health, or requiring advice on supplementation.
Sports people, dancers and others with specific physical requirements.
People with specific demands on them, such as women planning pregnancy, starting the menopause or with problematic menstruation.
Upon arrival, you will receive a nutrition questionnaire to complete. You will then be taken through a full and detailed consultation that will cover your specific needs and symptoms, and, from this, together with the information gleaned from your questionnaire, we will develop your own Personal Nutrition Program to help you towards optimal health. The program will be designed to suit your nutritional needs, lifestyle and tastes, encouraging you to achieve rather than fail.
Depending on your complaint, we may also recommend that you have some tests (for example for food intolerances, blood print) that will be sent away for analysis.
Follow-up consultations are necessary in order to plan recommended goals in achievable stages, review your progress, and to update your program as your health improves.